What is SUMMER ROCKSCHOOL?
Four days of Band / Music Industry Training
One day performing in front of family and friends ON A BIG stage!
Keep checking this page for holiday rock school dates in 2018.
Who is suitable for SUMMER ROCKSCHOOL?
We run a program for 6-9 year olds and one for 10 year olds+
If your community would like to host a rockschool program let us know. We can tailor our program for schools or community groups.
P: (08) 8395 4993 or 0419 669 489
Want to know more about SUMMER ROCKSCHOOL?
Specific Outcomes for the program
As participants of Summer Rock School, children will –
- Perform in a rock / pop band in front of a medium / large size audience on at least one occasion.
- Be part of planning, preparing, promoting and presenting a ‘rock concert’.
- Write and perform own original compositions.
- Work towards a ‘polished performance’
- There will be up to five music instructors facilitating the music workshops (depending on the numbers of enrolments for each workshop).
- Music Instructors will primarily be ‘industry professionals’, trained to teach modern music to school aged children.
*Please note – Summer Rock School is 100% a ‘Learning Music Australia’ initiative. Qualified music instructors / professional musicians will be fully facilitating the program, no D.E.C.D teaching staff members will be present at any time throughout the workshops. *All music instructors have current police checks, and are experienced with working with children.