30 Minute, Group music lessons for primary / lower secondary aged children (Specialising in modern music).
Learning groups of approximately 6 students (All students learning the same instrument).
This course has been designed for children aged between 5 years and 14 years.
A beginner Rock Band program is available for all course participants.
This exciting music program has been deigned to cater for modern music education in primary / middle and lower secondary schools, and is unique to Learning Music Australia.
The Rock and Pop for Schools music program, educates students about modern music, and how it is performed, through various teaching methods that are specific to the modern music industry – such as use of tablature, and ‘learning by ear / aural development’, whilst also being instructed on how to use traditional notation and theory as tools to develop as modern music performers. Aspects of traditional ‘classroom’ music teaching methodology are also used to enhance the course delivery.
Children are also educated in professional vocabulary relevant to the modern music industry, and are exposed to various aspects of music technology, including songwriting.
Learning Music Australia believes that music must be enjoyed, and should be relevant to children’s needs.
Music Lessons with Professional Musicians
Music Lessons for Primary Schools
30 Minute, Group music lessons for primary / lower secondary aged children (specialising in modern music). Learning groups of approximately 6 students. This course has been designed for children aged between 5yrs and 14 yrs.
A beginner Rock Band program is available for all course participants. Scroll down to view ‘School rock band’ training information.
Medium Size Group Lessons Available in: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keyboard, Singing, Rock Band Training (with Industry professionals), Film Clip Making / Sound Recording / DJ Skills, Song Writing And More!!! *Some lessons are only available at selected sites.
Learn to play music from artists such as: Blink 182, Greenday, The Veronicas, AC/DC Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Jet, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Blur, The White Stripes, Hilary Duff, Australian Idol…..and more!!!
Group Music Lessons (30 minute lessons – 9 / term*)
Styles – Rock, Pop, Punk, Grunge, Elementary Jazz / Classical…and more!!!
The Rock Band Program
This program is an extension of the Rock and Pop for Schools (group lessons) program.
The Rock Band Program has been specifically designed to develop the skills of young musicians in the two main areas of Australian rock / pop music performance
1. The Cover Band
2. The original band
- Rock band rehearsals (usually 30 minutes in duration). *or 60 minutes per fortnight.
- School rock bands play various ‘rock and pop’ hits from the 1950’s to the top 40 (The industry standard rock songs they are taught in their modern music instrumental lessons), and are encouraged to perform at school events. Children are usually very excited to be part of a rock band!
- Rock Band is available to children from 5 years of age onwards, and is offered to them once they can successfully perform approximately 4 to 6 rock per songs.
- In a rock band lesson / rehearsal, students perform as a group (singers, guitarists, bassists, drummers and keyboard players – occasionally other instruments common to a rock / pop band), with a specific focus on developing their skills and confidence. This gives them the confidence to perform without the assistance of music instructors.
- In the Australian music industry there is a divide between ‘cover bands’ and ‘original bands’. Our long-term aim is to develop children into disciplined, professional and open-minded performers, with a good understanding of both music performance choices.
- Students are assisted in writing their own original compositions.
- Students are made aware of basic occupational, health and safety issues relevant to performing in a rock band.
- ‘Rock and Pop for Schools’ offer semi professional recording facilities to assist band / young artist development.
- As part of a School rock band program, students will record their own music and make demonstration film clips.
If your school doesn’t already have a rock band program, contact us today!
We are able to create an affordable rock band package that suits to the needs of your school.