We are currently delivering a Music Diploma, giving emerging musicians the ability to engage with the music industry and create learning pathways to university!
This course develops performance skills and gives a theoretical understanding, real world technical, managerial and specialised knowledge to plan, carry out and evaluate your own work and/or that of a team in the music industry.
Other units include; music composition, live audio/sound, stagecraft, recording, live audio mixing, electronic music and work skills.
This course is enrolled a through North Coast TAFE (RTO 90010)
|Skills gained||Possible career outcomes include|
|– Apply music knowledge and artistic judgement||– Musician|
|– Implement copyright arrangements||– Audio engineer|
|– Meet workplace OHS requirements||– Production technician|
|– Artistic judgement||– Manager|
|– Aural perception|
|– Advanced instrumental techniques|
|– Audio engineering|
|– Music business skills|
- Certificate IV in Music and/or extensive vocational experience in music practice.
- All students are required to complete a language, literacy and numeracy test to be conducted by Learning Music Australia.
- CUFCMP501A Manage and exploit copyright arrangements
- CUSIND501A Apply music knowledge and artistic judgement
- CUSOHS301A Follow occupational health and safety procedures
- CUFIND401A Provide services on a freelance basis
- CUSIND401A Develop specialist expertise in the music industry
- CUSMCP402A Develop techniques for composing music
- CUSMPF501A Prepare a program for peformance
- CUSMPF508A Provide musical leadership in performance
- CUSMPF506A Develop technical skills and expand repertoire
- CUSMPF502A Incorporate interactive technology into performance
- CUSMPF402A Develop and maintain stagecraft skills
- CUSSOU401A Record sound
- CUSMCP501A Compose music using electronic media
- CUESOU04C Mix live audio
- CUESOU11B Setup and operate stage monitor systems
- CUSSOU405A Mix recorded music
Total number of units and cost
Total units: 16 Total cost: $14,000.00
*Course options for the Diploma in 2017 are currently in negotiations. Please continue to visit this page for more details or ring Learning Music Australia
P: (08) 8395 4993 or 0419 669 489